76 Sir John Rogerson's QuayGlobal Tech
Bennett Property Ltd.
Bruce Shaw PM
Bruce Shaw QS
Civil Structural Engineers
Barrett O’Mahony Consulting Engineers
9,500m2 Commercial & 58 Apartments
This new mixed-use development on Sir John Rogerson’s Quay is currently at the construction stage. The development consists of 8 floors of commercial office space with a total floor area of approximately 9,500m2 and an adjoining residential element comprising 58no. 1, 2, and 3 bed apartments spread over seven floors.
Ethos Engineering was appointed by the Client Bennett Property Ltd to provide mechanical & electrical design services. The M&E design for the commercial element will be based on a developer spec build with fully air-conditioned floor spaces utilising landlord heating & CHW systems with 4 pipe Fan Coil system. The design is driven by energy-saving measures to minimise the cost of energy consumption associated with heating, cooling & electricity usage within the building. The design will incorporate various sustainable measures to contribute to achieving an A3 BER energy rating for the building and also achieving “LEED Gold” certification. The apartments were also designed to provide high-end, luxury apartments with state-of-the-art M&E services to provide an A3-rated building.
Unique / Key Features
The M&E design for both the office and residential elements will have a strong emphasis on energy-saving techniques also to ensure that both areas are fully compliant with the latest Part L Building Regulations and achieve A3 energy ratings. Some of the design features will include:
• 4- Pipe Fan Coil Heating and chilled air conditioning to offices
• Centralised ventilation plant at roof level
• Office design to LEED Gold V4
• Centralised boiler plant utilising high efficiency condensing boilers and micro CHP units
• Provision for connection to future district heating system
• Apartment heating & HW loads provided by heat interface units (HIU) incorporating heat meters in each individual apartment which are fed from primary heating mains
• Energy efficient Heat Recovery Ventilation system provided for each apartment.