In Conversation with Michael Boyle21 Dec 21
1. What is your idea of perfect happiness?
Spending time with family and friends.
2. What’s your favourite holiday memory?
First time in Singapore and the food!
3. What are you reading - would you recommend it?
Chris Voss Never Split the Difference. Yes, I would definitely recommend it.
4. Which talent would you most like to have?
To play a musical instrument.
5. What do you consider to be your greatest professional achievement to date?
LEED AP for the ICD Brookfield Place project in Dubai targeted a Gold rating and achieved Platinum. One of, if not, the tallest commercial buildings to achieve LEED Platinum in EMEA.
6. What practice area do you specialise in and why does it matter?Sustainability. It is critical to look at sustainability in everything we do so that we can mitigate the effects of climate change.
7. What is the quality you most admire in a leader?
Clear communication and direction.
8. What’s the best piece of professional advice you’ve ever been given?
Always know your market worth, to gauge where you are and where you want to go.
9. Name your favourite international , and why?
ICD Brookfield Place Dubai. Having worked on the project I know the lengths taken to make the project as sustainable as possible, above and beyond the requirements of the LEED rating system.
10. Tell us something not many people know about you?
Working on building sites during the summers of my teenage years lead to me wanting to work in the engineering industry.