The Morrison Hotel
Nikki O’Donnell Architects
Halpenny Scollard Ltd.
Pyramid Property & Project Management Ltd.
Civil Structural Engineers
OCSC Consulting Engineers
This project involved the refurbishment of The Morrison Hotel including the complete redesign and stylistic overhaul of both the lobby area, restaurant and 138 bedrooms in the hotel.
• M&E services alterations to 58 no. standard hotel bedrooms;
35 no. executive hotel bedrooms;
45 no. bedroom suites and
1 no. penthouse suite
• M&E services installation to function room, basement, kitchen and club lounge
• M&E services alterations to public and function room toilets and to the bar/restaurant
• Fire upgrade works to existing M&E services
• Modifications to existing control systems
• Commissioning and balancing of existing and new M&E services installations
Unique Key Features:
The key features in this project lay in the architectural / aesthetic upgrade and refurbishment of the hotel. The engineering work behind the aesthetics involved the overhaul of the AC systems and the fire protection upgrade works which proved challenging in a tight programme and required regular site supervision and monitoring of the works.
The new open kitchen installed in the ground floor restaurant / bar area incorporated a new ‘Josper Oven’ which is essentially an internal
BBQ for cooking steaks. The challenges associated with this were the safety fire prevention measures where installed a bottled mist extinguishing system. Ethos also installed systems for dealing with the smoke and odours from the Josper Oven exhaust to prevent issues with adjacent neighbours.