Ethos is a Greek word meaning "character". It is used to describe the guiding beliefs or ideals that characterise a community, nation, or ideology.
Ethos Engineering are mechanical and electrical consultants to the data centre, commercial, high-tech healthcare, and pharmaceutical sectors. Our mission is to engineer systems that complement the purpose of each building we design, improve the immediate and surrounding community, and meet the objectives of its operations, inhabitants, patrons, operators, and staff.
We are ambitious, driven, innovative, and passionate about delivering excellence for our clients and their projects, and we never settle for delivering work quickly at the cost of quality. Our work environment is positive, professional, and supportive. We take our work seriously, but we like to have a lot of fun too and we place huge importance on having a great company culture. We have been recognised as a Great Place to Work 2019-2020 and again in 2020-2021.
Ethos Sustainability puts the ‘ability’ in sustainability by providing a route to smarter, better-informed decision making in sustainable building design and operation. At Ethos Sustainability, we understand that finding ways to address our climate emergency must be more than a box ticking, design for compliance exercise. The engineers and scientists that make up the Ethos Sustainability team will help you navigate your route to Net Zero giving you the confidence and ability to achieve results you can be truly proud whether by daylight modelling, natural ventilation design, embodied carbon analysis or green building certifications such as LEED, BREEAM, WELL, HPI or ILFI.
Location: Dublin (office based) - Currently Work from Home during Covid Lockdowns
Salary: € Negotiable
Minimum Qualifications: Degree Essential Experience: 3rd Level College Degree, 2-3 years’ experience
Sectors: Sustainability, Building Physics
Job Description: Sustainability Consultant / Full-Time Permanent Sustainability Consultant
About the Role – Sustainability Consultant
Ethos Engineering seeks a Sustainability Consultant who can provide technical support in the area of building certifications. This individual will join the advisory team and work on a number of large commercial and residential developments in order to reduce energy consumption and improve the sustainability of these developments. This position will report to a Senior Sustainability Consultant and is based in our Dublin office.
Ideally 3+ years’ experience as a sustainability/ energy consultant or related position
• Degree in a construction / environmental / engineering or related field desirable with proven performance in sustainability
• Qualifications in the following; but not limited to:BREEAM Assessor / AP, LEED AP with Speciality, HPI Assessor, WELL AP desirable
Undertaking a range of environmental assessments using third-party assessment methodologies such as BREEAM, LEED, WELL, HPI
• Liaising with client stakeholders to develop the criteria for the delivery of the desired environmental assessment rating • Coordinate and collaborate with building owners, design, construction, and operational teams. Understand the role of each team member in achieving targets and be able to communicate it effectively
• Conducting BREEAM / LEED / HPI / WELL Pre-Assessment and providing design advice
• Producing evidence requirements for BREEAM / LEED / HPI / WELL credits
• Undertaking gap analysis report/schedule
• Managing own workload to meet project deadlines
• Producing reports and providing advice and guidance to clients and project teams
• Attending site visits to review progress against sustainability targets
• Arranging and attending meetings, taking minutes and distributing actions • Completing relevant training to become certified as an assessor against one of the core assessment methodologies
• Understanding of operational, embodied and net-zero carbon strategies
• You will be expected to contribute to the continuous improvement of our services through upskilling, market research and knowledge-sharing
• Flexible working times
• 20 Days holidays up to 25 days
• Pension Scheme
• Your own company laptop • Working travel out of pocket expenses
• Travel tax scheme or bike to work scheme
• Regular training / mentoring / further college support
• Support for Chartership
• A Professional Subscription Fee paid by the company
• Heavily subsidised social committee (5 a side, golf society, climbing club and regular social events)
At Ethos, our vision is to: “Be the company people want to work with, and for” Values Our values differentiate and focus us every day to be EPIC - for our people and our customers.