Smart Buildings Consultant
Ethos is a Greek word meaning "character". It is used to describe the guiding beliefs or ideals that characterise a community, nation, or ideology.
Ethos Engineering are mechanical and electrical consultants to the data centre, commercial, high-tech healthcare, and pharmaceutical sectors. Our mission is to engineer systems that complement the purpose of each building we design, improve the immediate and surrounding community, and meet the objectives of its operations, inhabitants, patrons, operators, and staff.
We are ambitious, driven, innovative, and passionate about delivering excellence for our clients and their projects, and we never settle for delivering work quickly at the cost of quality. Our work environment is positive, professional, and supportive. We take our work seriously, but we like to have a lot of fun too and we place huge importance on having a great company culture. We have been recognised as a Great Place to Work 2019-2020 and again in 2020-2021.
About Ethos Digital
Ethos Digital is a premier provider of digital design and advisory services with extensive expertise in all facets of Intelligent Buildings. Our services are geared towards revolutionising the built environment by using a highly collaborative, human centric approach – The Creativity between us is more powerful than the creativity within us – that’s our Ethos. Through the use of our leading edge “Place Activation” design methodology and our “Measure and Meaning” ideology, our aim is to activate the power of data. This activation is built around a User Experience (UX) approach coupled with meaningful Metrics and Analytics; we create buildings where people’s lives are enhanced and empowered by the foresight of our collaborative designs, delivering spaces for human centric connectivity and wellness
Location: Dublin (office based) - Currently work from Home during Covid Lockdown
Group: Digital Team
Salary: € Negotiable Minimum Qualifications: Degree Essential Experience: 3rd Level College Degree, 3+ years Experience
Sectors: High Tech, Commercial, Healthcare, Data Centres, Education
Job Description: Smart Buildings Consultant / Full-Time Permanent
About the Role – Smart Buildings Consultant
We are seeking an Smart Buildings Consultant to join our Digital Services team in our Dublin office. As Ethos Engineering enters this very exciting and emerging design service within the built environment, we are looking for the right candidate who has been involved in a diverse and challenging range of Intelligent (Smart) Building projects, specifically within Commercial Real Estate but also including projects across other sectors. As an integral member of our Digital Services team, you will be responsible for leading and managing projects while also helping to grow the business
• Position requires thorough knowledge of Smart Building design and engineering techniques.
• Degree in a relevant ICT/Controls design engineering discipline or equivalent qualification.
• Working towards achieving Chartered status (or equivalent professional registration).
• 3+ years post-qualification experience (working with Smart Building technologies).
• In-depth knowledge of relevant standards and regulations (software and hardware).
• Experience in a range of projects across multiple sectors.
• Experience with smart building assessments and ROI reviews.
• Experience with User Experience (UX) design process.
• Good communication and presentation skills.
• Experience in working as part of a team.
• Organised and adaptable with a flexible approach to work.
• Highly motivated, proactive, and willing to take on new challenges.
• Basic knowledge of AutoCAD.
• Knowledge of latest trends within Smart Building Technology Solutions.
• Take high-level initial project/ work briefs and converted into an in-depth project scope which meets the demands and outcomes of the client.
• Liaise with clients, IT, manufacturers, and project teams.
• Manage various digital contributions from multiple contractors / stakeholders.
• Design of ICT infrastructure, Security, A/V and Smart Building systems.
• Design/Specification of building operation systems (BOS).
• Design/Specification of MEP building systems integrations.
• Undertaking UX design processes to establish project outcomes.
• Prepare thorough, high quality, technical specifications, and drawings.
• Reviewing design work from team members for QAQC purposes.
• Coordination of work with all members of multi-disciplinary design teams.
• Conceptual design studies and reports. • Estimating and Cost Control on projects.
• Compiling project reports.
• Mentoring and development of junior engineers.
• Flexible working times
• 20 Days holidays up to 25 days
• Pension Scheme
• Your own company laptop
• Working travel out of pocket expenses • Travel tax scheme or bike to work scheme
• Regular training / mentoring Further college support
• Support for Chartership
• A Professional Subscription Fee paid by the company
• Heavily subsidised social committee (5 a side, golf society, climbing club and regular social events)
At Ethos, our vision is to: “Be the company people want to work with, and for” Values Our values differentiate and focus us every day to be EPIC - for our people and our customers.