Senior Engineer / Building Physicist
Ethos is a Greek word meaning "character". It is used to describe the guiding beliefs or ideals that characterise a community, nation, or ideology.
Ethos Engineering are mechanical and electrical consultants to the data centre, commercial, high-tech healthcare, and pharmaceutical sectors. Our mission is to engineer systems that complement the purpose of each building we design, improve the immediate and surrounding community, and meet the objectives of its operations, inhabitants, patrons, operators, and staff.
We are ambitious, driven, innovative, and passionate about delivering excellence for our clients and their projects, and we never settle for delivering work quickly at the cost of quality. Our work environment is positive, professional, and supportive. We take our work seriously, but we like to have a lot of fun too and we place huge importance on having a great company culture. We have been recognised as a Great Place to Work 2019-2020 and again in 2020-2021.
About Ethos - Sustainability
Ethos Engineering is a market leader within consulting on the Built Environment and their established Dublin office is central to their operations. This established team contains talented, dedicated engineers and technicians who possess a passion for efficient, simple and sustainable solutions. A position has opened up in their modern, dynamic office for a Senior Engineer. This team is very active in, commercial, healthcare, education, residential and industrial sectors so a broad project portfolio awaits the Senior Engineer who successfully manages to secure this position. This is a superb chance to develop your Building Physics and Sustainability skills within the framework of an award-winning consultancy
Location: Dublin (office based) – Temporarily Work from Home
Salary: € Negotiable
Minimum Qualifications: Degree
Sectors: Sustainability, Building Physics
Job Description: Senior Energy Modeller / Building Physicist – Full-time Permanent
About the Role – Senior Engineer / Building Physicist
You will manage the delivery of projects to demonstrate regulatory compliance (Building Regulations Part L). To this end you will utilise IES VE and Revit Insight 360 to produce thermal / daylight models and simulations related to a range of building projects. You will produce energy calculations, heating and cooling loads, Overheating / Natural Ventilation studies, as well as supporting the production of Energy Strategies and statements for planning authorities. You will assist in design studies promoting sustainable solutions, low energy services and low carbon technologies. You will also be expected to produce Daylight and Sunlight Studies as part of Planning applications.
You will be part of a highly motivated design team dedicated to reducing the environmental impact of buildings. This will be done by producing technically accurate work and liaising effectively with the rest of the team, attending design meetings and using relevant software effectively.
This role would suit a seasoned Engineer (with 4-6 years’ experience) from either a Mechanical, Building Services or Sustainability background. You must have significant experience in Thermal Modelling using IES VE with a solid understanding of MEP services and delivery of Building Regulations compliance including Part L and Part F. You will be a dynamic, outgoing individual, passionate about sustainability, hard working with a desire to develop your modelling and building compliance skills. You should also be capable of modelling buildings in Revit in order to run daylight analysis using Insight 360.
• Manage the delivery of projects to demonstrate regulatory compliance (Building Regulations Part L).
• IES Thermal Modeller / Heat Loads Energy Calculations / Natural Ventilation / Overheating TM59 & TM52 Studies
• Revit Insight 360 Daylight Modelling
• Delivery of Building regulations compliance – utilising NEAP / DEAP methodologies
• Understanding and interpretation of AutoCad & Revit and reading building layouts, elevations and sections
• Interest and awareness of Life cycle assessment / embodied carbon analysis would also be advantageous
• Excellent communication skills
• Working in a team environment
• Good time management in order to meet project deadlines
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, or Masters in Sustainable Energy Engineering
• Flexible working times
• 20 Days holidays up to 25 days
• Pension Scheme
• Your own company laptop
• Working travel out of pocket expenses
• Travel tax scheme or bike to work scheme
• Regular training / mentoring Further college support
• Support for Chartership
• A Professional Subscription Fee paid by the company
• Heavily subsidised social committee (5 a side, golf society, climbing club and regular social events)
At Ethos, our vision is to: “Be the company people want to work with, and for”
Our values differentiate and focus us every day to be EPIC - for our people and our customers