Senior Electrical Engineer
Ethos is a Greek word meaning "character". It is used to describe the guiding beliefs or ideals that characterise a community, nation, or ideology.
Ethos Engineering are mechanical and electrical consultants to the data centre, commercial, high-tech healthcare, and pharmaceutical sectors. Our mission is to engineer systems that complement the purpose of each building we design, improve the immediate and surrounding community, and meet the objectives of its operations, inhabitants, patrons, operators, and staff.
We are ambitious, driven, innovative, and passionate about delivering excellence for our clients and their projects, and we never settle for delivering work quickly at the cost of quality. Our work environment is positive, professional, and supportive. We take our work seriously, but we like to have a lot of fun too and we place huge importance on having a great company culture. We have been recognised as a Great Place to Work 2019-2020 and again in 2020-2021.
About Ethos - Global Tech
Ethos Global Technology Group works with Global and local companies who lead in technology driven solutions. We are an end user focused, outcome driven, talented and cross functional team. Our talented team of Mechanical and Electrical Engineers collaborate with Ethos Digital Building and Sustainability teams to deliver innovative, smart, and sustainable projects with the ‘wow’ factor. Our projects cover commercial office projects and Data Centres globally, with a consistency across all our work to ‘Design for Performance, not just Compliance’
Location: Dublin (office based) - Currently work from Home during Covid Lockdown
Group: Global Tech
Salary: € Negotiable
Minimum Qualifications: Degree or Diploma (Building Services/Electrical Engineering.
Essential Experience: 10 years+ Industry Experience
Sectors: Commercial Offices, Data Centres, High Tech
About the Role – Senior Electrical Engineer
The Senior Electrical Engineer will lead Data Centre projects in EMEA. Our lead engineers are client facing and manage a project delivery from conception all the way through to completion / client handover. The candidate must be technically proficient in their Electrical expertise field and have a wider level knowledge base of other disciplines such as Electrical, BMS/EPMS, Security and CSA. The candidate must be able to work on their own initiative. As the role is client and design team principal facing, the candidate must have excellent communication skills both verbal (English language) and written. The candidate must be well organised and be competent in project design planning to meet our client’s deliverable expectations. The candidate will manage a team of support engineers, BIM technicians and administrators to meet their objectives. It is expected that the lead engineer mentor support engineers for their professional development. Quality is core to our principals; the lead engineer will ensure that all deliverables align with our quality assurance systems prior to client issue.
• Minimum 6+ years of electrical building services design experience required
• Role would be as a senior member of the design team, working under the team leadership to deliver leading high tech smart office developments for some of the largest tech firms in Ireland and overseas.
• Candidate would need excellent communication skills, representing Ethos as design team and Client meetings.
• Ability to lead projects and be able to take a brief from the project lead on large projects and deliver and control the tasks required
• Candidate needs to be able to balance multiple tasks, prioritise and delegate as appropriate to meet project deadlines.
• Excellent report writing skills and be able to explain complex engineering issues in simple and clear language.
• Proficient in Amtech, Dialux design software
• Expert knowledge and experience in the following Electrical design areas: Lighting & Emergency Lighting, Small Power and Data, Fire alarms, CCTV & Intruder Alarms, MV/LV Power Distribution, Containment and BMS
• Knowledge of Irish and European Standards is preferred, but not essential. Training can be provided to candidates if required.
• Training and mentorship will be provided in developing the right candidate to progress on to take on a lead role within the Global tech team.
• Lead the Electrical Services design for a range of projects
• Design and specification of electrical services for various types of buildings and sectors
• Production of detailed Schematics
• Develop the electrical design standards within the organisation
• Mentoring of junior engineering staff
• Provide fully detailed tender packages and monitor installation/quality on site until project completion
• Tender report / analysis / recommendations • Develop project scope with design team / client
• Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office, Autocad, Dialux, Amtech, REVIT an advantage
• Produce budgets and reports for clients
• The role will be primarily office based but will involve some site attendances
• Be capable of taking the lead on projects with minimal input from management team
• Flexible working times
• 20 Days holidays up to 25 days
• Pension Scheme
• Your own company laptop • Working travel out of pocket expenses
• Travel tax scheme or bike to work scheme
• Regular training / mentoring / further college support
• Support for Chartership
• A Professional Subscription Fee paid by the company
• Heavily subsidised social committee (5 a side, golf society, climbing club and regular social events)
At Ethos, our vision is to: “Be the company people want to work with, and for” Values Our values differentiate and focus us every day to be EPIC - for our people and our customers.